“Design thinking gives us great solutions to challenges as diverse as how to create a safe street for kids to ride to school or how to reshape cities to face rising sea levels.”
Richard wears many hats well – from architect to urban designer to urban planner. With periods in our Sydney, Shanghai and San Francisco studios, he also brings a truly global view to everything he does.
Richard regularly contributes to our international work, playing key roles in award-winning projects in transport, education and waterfronts – including the Resilient by Design challenge in San Francisco.
He’s a strong believer in the power of architecture to combat emerging global challenges and prepare cities for the future, and he has a particular interest in China’s urbanisation and resilience.
An insightful, articulate leader and a great facilitator for involving communities in the design process, he loves how combined, focused effort can unlock the greater potential of a place.
- Resilient by Design Bay Area Challenge, San Francisco, USA
- Newcastle City Centre Urban Renewal, Australia
- Qixia Mountain Tourism Zone & Cultural Creative Industry Urban Design, Nanjing, China
- Binhai High-Speed Railway Station Interchange, Tianjin, China
- CBD Metro Urban Design and Master Planning, Sydney, Australia
- Tangshan Tangquan River Zone A Parkland Master Plan and Pavilion Architecture, China
- Advanced Engineering Centre, University of Brighton, United Kingdom