“If we design spaces sensitively and integrate natural elements, it can improve healing and make a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of staff and the wider community of users.”
With a background in both nursing and interior design and more than 20 years working on major hospital projects, Leanne really knows her way around the healthcare sector.
She’s built an extensive network and solid reputation in Australia and the UK, where she’s planned and designed vital developments - from briefing for the new $1.5 billion Footscray Hospital in Melbourne to a six-storey wing of the Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital in London.
Before joining us in Melbourne, Leanne worked at Woods Bagot, Bates Smart and DesignInc. Most recently, she was Regional Director at Destravis, where she shared her strategic insight with healthcare clients.
At Hassell, she’ll be focused on expanding our knowledge and capability within the sector, both in Australia and across our global studios.
- Princess Alexandra Hospital, Emergency Addiction and Mental Health Unit, Brisbane, Australia
- New Footscray Hospital PPP, Melbourne, Australia (Destravis Group)
- Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia (Bates Smart)
- Cabrini Health Malvern, Gandel Wing, Melbourne, Australia (DesignInc and Bates Smart)
- Thomas Embling Forensic Mental Health Master Plan and SPICU, Melbourne, Australia (DesignInc)
- Manchester Joint Hospitals PFI Project, UK, (Anshen Dyer)
- Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, Octav Botnar Wing, London, UK (Anshen Dyer)