“I love the democracy of a good public transport system. If the experience is better, more people use it – and the world is a better place.”
An award-winning architect and landscape architect, Ross is also an internationally respected rail specialist who has designed and directed several once-in-a-generation projects, including the A$7.3 billion Sydney Metro Northwest.
He takes an inclusive and holistic approach to design, considering everything from the landscape, environmental systems and urban form to the ways research, history and art can inform and inspire his clients and design team.
The son of a Sydney railyards worker and train buff, Ross has a strong personal connection to the sector. Rail projects feature prominently in his portfolio of complex, large-scale urban developments in Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Whatever the context or project, he always aspires to help people make memorable connections with places.
- Sydney Metro North West Rail, Sydney, Australia
- Melbourne Metro Tunnel and Stations PPP, Melbourne, Australia
- Fox Studios, Moore Park, Sydney, Australia
- Epping to Chatswood Rail Link, Sydney, Australia
- Capital Metro Light Rail, Canberra, Australia